This image is from the Agricultural Research Service, the research agency of the United States Department of Agriculture.
Today's Excuse for Having a Martini
It's NATIONAL STRAWBERRY DAY*
If you're looking for an excuse to have a martini today why not celebrate National Strawberry Day and enjoy one of my Strawberry Martinis?
And try out one of these Strawberry Tiny Foods:
Mini Strawberry Pizzas Front & Back
- Strawberries have excellent health benefits and are full of antioxidants
- Strawberries have been seen as symbols of purity and longevity for centuries.
- Strawberries are in the same family as the rose flower (Rosaceae)!
- It's said that Madame Tallien, a French noblewoman at the time of Napoleon, used to bathe regularly in strawberry juice, using 22 pounds per basin!
- In Belgium there's a museum dedicated entirely to strawberries - The Musee De La Fraise
*Ever wondered about where all these special commemorative holidays come from?
Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY